After a decade, Jeff Raz left his position as Founder and Director of The Clown Conservatory at S.F. Circus Center in 2010.
Highlights of The Clown Conservatory under Jeff’s directorship:
- Graduates are performing around the world (see below).
- The Clown Conservatory was the only comprehensive clown training program in North America.
- Actors, dancers, circus performers, improvizors, musicians and clowns came to The Clown Conservatory from all over the world.
- A majority of the 130 graduates now work in circuses, theaters and other performing venues around the world, including:
- Cirque du Soleil
- Cirque Eloize
- Ringling Bros. and Barnum & Bailey Circus
- Winners of the Jose Soledad Aycardo Award (Top honors at the All-Mexico clown festival)
- The Broadway touring company of “My One and Only”
- Circus Monti (Switzerland)
- Circus Kaput
- Lunatique Fantastique
- Splash Circus
- Marin Shakespeare Festival
- Covent Garden Buskers, London
- Cirque Bijou (Brighton)
- Circus Minimus
- Prescott Clowns
- Berkshire Community College Circus Camp
- Fool Time Circus
- Children’s Fairyland
- Earth Circus
- Velocity Circus
- Kaotica’s Circus
- New Conservatory Theatre
- Encore Theatre
- Theatre Rhino
- Unconditional Theatre
- Lazer Vaudeville and others
The Clown Conservatory is a program of Circus Center at 755 Frederick St., San Francisco, CA 94117 (415) 759.8123.